Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas=Funeral dirge???

So yesterday was the first Sunday of Advent in the Episcopal Church. Having slept in and missed the family service (my favorite), I tried going to the "adult" service.

Bad idea.

I was behind the prelude being "O Come O Come Emmanuel", but then, the procession sounded like a funeral dirge. I'm sorry. When I think Advent, I don't think funeral. Had I been in charge, it would've been almost as lively as Christmas itself.

 Mainly due to the fact that in the Episcopal Church we're coming off of the longest season of "Ordinary Time," it's about time we had some excitement. And what could be more exciting than the coming of Jesus? Hmmm?

 Get rid of funeral dirges for processions during advent. Who's with me?

 Long story short, I ended up leaving under the excuse of "I can't find my Dad".... but really, I was offended at the funeral dirge procession.

No comments:

Post a Comment