Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Mobile Office

So, considering I don't have an "official" office, I now have a mobile one. Being on the coast of Mississippi my mobile office of choice is the Mockingbird Cafe in Bay St. Louis, MS. While I'm in Oxford it's my Dad's dining room table. Having a mobile office has its perks and disadvantages:

 One: I can pack up and go as I please (perk)

 Two: I have to pack up and go whenever I want to do something (disadvantage)

 Three: I can dress however I want because of the lack of professionalism (perk)

 Four: I am not a professional, ergo I am not paid (disadvantage)

 Need I go on?

 In other news, I am in the "waiting game"... I'm waiting to hear if I get accepted for a PhD in history. I'm waiting on several job opportunities. I am waiting to get on MediCaid.. I am waiting for my Unemployment check.

 But moreso than that, I just came to the realization that it's ten days till Christmas.

 It used to be that Christmas was a time to wait on what Santa would bring. And also, when Dad would drag me to church (let's be honest- I WANTED to go to church with Dad). Christmas also meant that the night before I probably served as an acolyte for the Christmas Eve service at Trinity Episcopal Church in Pass Christian, MS. Now, this year, I'll be on the coast and will probably choose to be at St. Patrick's Episcopal Church in Long Beach, MS for Christmas Eve- my parish home on the coast of Mississippi.

 So that's how I'll be spending my Christmas, how will you be spending yours?

3 comments:

  1. i'll be spending it singing (for money) about jesus for rich waspy, white people and tourists. Hypocritical sell-out? Maybe. Worth it for affording a new bed? Absolutely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love it. It's like when Carol had us do the "musical" Christmas Pageant. Remember how we made up a different song and my mike was on.. and broadcasting in the Sanctuary? Ooops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you were saying you had an office in Mobile, AL. -Wilson

    ReplyDelete