Friday, December 10, 2010

Personal Statement

So, now that I've officially applied for my phD in History here at The University of Mississippi, as well as applied to two jobs with the William Winter Institute for Racial Reconciliation, it looks like I'm pretty much committed to Oxford for at least a while. Now, here's the funny thing. I have all of my application ready for the phD program except for my Personal Statement.

 When I wrote my personal statement for the Southern Studies program, I'll admit, I had a little whiskey before hand and tried to use some Southern charm. Now I find with my personal statement for the History Program here to be daunting. I have until the 15th of January to write it, so I've got time. It's more likely that I've just got too much to say for the personal statement at this time. Growl.

 Why is it that I'm in the most prolific point in my life but I can't write one little personal statement for the phD program? Hmmm?

1 comment:

  1. Feel exactly the same way. Applying to Div School and have a bunch of essays to write. Beyond that, on the ones I do know what I want to write on, I don't know how to get it down to two pages. Ugh, grad school apps.

    ReplyDelete