Saturday, September 25, 2010

Just a lazy Saturday

I figured that a lazy Saturday would be a good time to update y'all on what's going on out here in California.

Where do I begin?

Work: I'm really enjoying the office and the people I work with. Right now we're all gearing up for Diocesan Convention (in a matter of weeks) so there's an atmosphere of busy-ness all around. So far, work wise, I've been doing a lot of reading and familiarizing myself with Curriculum programming for youth, which has been interesting and new. For the most part, youth programming that I'm familiar with is a whole lot of "make it up as you go" kind of thing.

House: Roomates and I still get along. Which is definitely important. I think I've finally gotten used to the space and have done a good bit of personalizing my room, which is important to me. Today I did a minor guitar repair and put on new strings, as well as go down to half price books. At half price books I found Mama Dip's Kitchen and Louisiana Real and Rustic for very cheap, so I immediately got them. Also found a spanish translation of the Hobbit and a Second Printing of Sanctuary by Faulkner. I figure it might be a good test of my spanish to try and translate the Hobbit. Although, I haven't taken into consideration that I actually haven't read the Hobbit in english either. Eh, we'll see how it goes.

That's about it for now. I'm way behind on my written correspondence. I've been trying to send out postcards and I have a huge stack of them that need to be written on and mailed. Tomorrow might be a good day for that.

All and all, a good report.

No comments:

Post a Comment