Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I guess sometimes I DO have luck

Today's post was going to be, "If I didn't have bad luck, I would have no luck at all"... a quote from a Koko Taylor cover of an older blues song. I guess I should revise that idea for a post because today... (drumroll please) I FINALLY got a job. Here's how that happened...

 While waiting for the Brown Bag Lecture series (a series that happens with the Center for the Study of Southern Culture) that happens to be about home brewing beer (something that I've been thinking about taking up as a hobby), I stopped by Barnes and Noble on the University of Mississippi's campus to follow up on an application for employment there. I thought that my old employer, Square Books, might take me on, but when I went to get coffee there this morning, I found out they were training two new employees, which I took (in my very perceptive mind) to mean I did not in fact get the job back at Square Books. So, since I was in the area of the Campus Union (where Barnes and Noble on campus is), I stopped by to follow up on an application. And, got a job promptly. I start this weekend.

Boooyah.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! I'll take a little corporate coldness and BS over unemployment any day.

    ReplyDelete